Clusterpoint is a document database. Unlike traditional relational databases, you store information in documents rather than in rows and columns. This helps with:
- Simplicity – Some information should not and cannot be broken down into rows and columns or normalized into a bunch of tables. That information is usually text based or managed as an object. Web pages, emails, notes, tweets etc. are good examples. Clusterpoint’s XML based document model is ideally suited to this type of information.
- Agility – Indexing and ranking everything (especially text content) is not what relational databases were designed for. The complexity of the schema and associated indexing strategy quickly gets out of hand. Clusterpoint lets you load information ‘as is’ and indexes everything. This is especially efficient for managing information with poorly defined, poorly followed, changing, or even unknown schemas.
- Results - Sometimes the answers you need come from a combination of structured access (SQL-like query) and unstructured access (Google-like search). Clusterpoint is sturucture-aware and lets you combine these in a single call through one API. This results in faster answers, less calls to the database and simpler applications.
- Loads XML, JSON and delimited data
- > 1 Billion records per day on a commodity server
- Auto-sharding distributes data across the cluster
- Index all data types in real-time
- Manage indexing policies with a single control file
- Specify ranking policies in same control file
- Use rich Google-like search - including full text and geo-spatial
- Ensure optimum relevance in results by using the ranking index
- Integrate search through a rich API (that also supports query)
- Filter using SQL-like predicates and constructs on all fields
- Embed Google-like rich text search o make queries more powerful
- Integrate query through a rich API (that also supports search)
- Perform powerful roll-ups based on selected key fields
- Use rich text search as filters and keys for aggregations
- Alert on critical events and trigger downstream business processes
- Define alert filters that combine search and query
- Flexible options for triggering alerts on load or on timer basis